Being the largest country in the world, it is no wonder that Russia packs a ton of breathtaking views and varied landscapes for its visitors. Every year, millions of tourists visit the beautiful cities of Russia to experience the rich history, wonderful architectures and jaw-dropping sceneries this country associates itself to. Due to the huge size and numerous attractions this country packs in itself, private tours to Russia are considered the best and most comfortable way to travel in this country. Almost all of the Russian vacation packages include the top cities and the prime attractions you have to visit when you spend your vacation here. All you need to do is to pick the right time and you can be sure that you will have one of the most memorable holidays you have ever had in your lifetime.
Choosing the perfect time to travel to Russia is quite complicated than planning an average trip. Due to its large size and its proximity to the Arctic Circle, Russia experiences a lot of varied weather conditions. Especially the northern cities have extremely cold weather most of the times of the year. The peak season in Russia continues from May through October. However, you will face a ton fellow travellers and crowded places if you visit during this time. In our opinion, late spring and early fall are the best time to travel to Russia if you want lesser crowd, low prices and comfortable weather.
Being the largest city and the capital of Russia, Moscow is one of the cities which you must travel to when you take a trip to Russia. The city is rich with historic places, cultural attractions and beautiful sites for you to explore. The City Space Bar is one of the attractions which you have to visit while you are here. You can experience some of the most breathtaking 360-degree views of the entire city from the top. Take a trip to the Red Square and the Kremlin to learn all about the rich history of the capital city. The Uspensky Sobor is another must-visit site of the city, which is the masterpiece of Italian architect Aristotele Fioravanti.
St. Petersburg is the second largest city which you have to visit in Russia. The contrast between the old-school architectures and the modern lifestyle which you can experience here make it a truly cosmopolitan city to travel to. The city centre bursts with lively people and high energy. Whereas a stroll along the iconic and historic canal system will be one of the most peaceful experiences you can have in Russia. There are many gourmet restaurants to taste some of the beautiful dishes this country has to offer.
Located only at a two hours flight’s distance away from Moscow, Arkhangelsk is not that common in a regular Russian itinerary, but it is one of the best places in Russia where you can travel to experience the glorious and mysterious Northern Lights. The Severodvinsk is the best bet to experience this magical phenomenon during the months of September to April.
The capital of Tatarstan republic, Kazan, is a city which you must visit to explore a completely different side of Russia. There are a lot of Islamic influences in the architectures of Kazan. The main attraction is the Kremlin, which used to be a Tatar fortress. After being largely destroyed by Ivan the Terrible, it was rebuilt in the 16th and 17th centuries. Destinations like Kul-Sharif Mosque, Suyumbike Tower and Soviet Lifestyle Museum are some other destinations which you have to visit while you are here. Do remember to take a trip to the island of Sviyazhsk, where you can see a lot of beautiful architectures. The island is a UNESCO certified World Heritage Site, and you just have to visit the island when you spend your vacation in Russia.
1. The religious history which you can experience in Russia is truly outstanding. During the tsarist period, the Russian Orthodox Church used to have a lot of control and power, which make them one of the most interesting sites for anyone who is interested in history.
2. The literary history of Russia is bejewelled with renowned writers like Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Gorky, Gogol and many more. Their homes and places which inspired their famous works are some of the most interesting sites for any literature-lover.
3. Birthplace of the tsarist era and the communist revolution, the political history of Russia is another great aspect to travel here.
4. The unique food of Russia makes it one of the must-travel places for each and every foodie. Also, Russians are known for their vodka, which you must try while you are here.
5. The beautiful and varied landscape which you can experience in Russia makes it one of the best places to travel to in the whole world.
6. Staring from Russian ballet to various festivals, there will be no shortage of entertainment when you spend your days in Russia.
As you can see, there are a lot of beautiful destinations and attractions which make a trip to Russia really enticing. You can be sure that a trip to this beautiful country will be an unforgettable experience full of wonder and excitement.